I am pretty much never home anymore. I don't like it very much, but it is what it is. This means that Saturdays are my only PM days to take care of things around my house. But this past Saturday I ended up being gone from 8 AM to 8 PM! As a result we had no church clothes ready for Sunday, and I was far too tired to wait for laundry! So we ended up missing church yesterday.
Since I finally had a day at home I decided to spend it doing some things that desprately needed to be done! Things like dishes, laundry, and taking out the garbage. Do I set my iTunes on shuffle, and got to work.
After a little while I realized that my kids were being way too quiet! So I went to check on them and found Kenzie's bed frame completely taken apart and laying in the closet.
I moved the pieces for this picture, but then moved them back in the closet because I don't have the slightest idea if how to put it together! I then arranged her mattress on top of her box springs in the place where her bed is supposed to go. I figure I'll let her think her bed is broken for a few days before I have someone come fix it :)
A little later I found that Kyle's box springs were slightly off of his frame, and it was no easy task for me to line the stupid thing back up! During all of this. The kids were abnormally rowdy...even for them, and I was so mad that steam really might have been coming out of my ears! It was then that they lost their video game privileges for a week!
A couple hours later I decided to take a break, and fix my old iPod that we found after it had been lost for almost a year. This was quite a Process because it required me to reset it to factory settings, and redo everything from scratch.
It was then that I smelled it...
I hurried into the kitchen and found my kids playing with finger paint. They had snuck into my summer craft box and taken the painting supplies out. I wasn't so mad about this, but I was mad because they had painted my ENTIRE TABLE, BENCH, AND OART IF THE FLOOR! My kitchen sink also had lots if paint in and around it! The mess was to the point where I didn't want them to help clean it up because they would just make it worse, and I didn't think I could handle worse. So I sent them to their room. Thanks to Clorox wipes, the mess was cleaned up in no time, but the kids were litter ally beating each other up in the other room! That's when they lost their Tv privelages for a week!
By this time it was dinner time. Kyle wanted frozen pizza, and Kenzie wanted hotdogs. So we had chuchicken nuggets. Mostly because I had no desire to give either if them what they wanted! I really wanted to make a casserole, but I just didn't have the energy!
After dinner they each took their turns in the shower, and they were in bed promptly at eight! At first they wouldn't be quiet, and I threatened to statmrt throwing toys away!
It took almost two hours, but they FINALLY WENT TO SLEEP!!!
I stayed up to finish laundry, but I really needed to relax, so I turned on first one chick flick and then another before going to sleep.
I am convinced that my kids being so naughty was my punishment for not going to church because my kids have pretty much outgrown these kinds of days! I won't be missing church again any time soon! ha ha

No comments:
Post a Comment