First I tried soda bottles filled with water and frozen solid. This worked great for half of the walk, but he water was boiling hot by the time we were on our way back home. Pluses a pop bottle can only be frozen a few times before the seams in the bottom if the bottle split open.
Next I tried big stiraphoam cups from Curcle K. These worked great for keeping the water cold, but they just weren't big enough to hold enough water for me and all the kids. Pluss they were too easy for the kids to poke a hole through...or in Mckynlee's case....EAT.
So yesterday u broke down and bought a $10 cup and I LOVE IT!
Yes it is huge and doesn't fit well on top of the stroller, BUT even when it's filled all the way to the top it's not heavy, AND IT KEEPS THE WATER COLD FOR HOURS!!!!! I also love that it holds enough water for me and all five kids and we still have water keft over!
The ironic part is that the day that I bought it was the first day that we had a significant cool down! Still too hot for me, but not a deadly heat anymore!
On that note, the mornings and evenings gave been beautiful for the past couple if days now. I was actually freezing yesterday morning which was wierd considering that it was 79 degrees outside. :)
And last night after dinner we actually went outside to play!
Before long it should be cool enough to open the windows, and turn off the A/C! I can't wait for that day! :)


No comments:
Post a Comment