In honor of Grandpa, on our way home from the viewing we stopped at Circle K where we all got a pop because that's exactly what Grandpa would have done.
The next morning Tuesday February 21st. We all got up and put on our special maroon and gold church clothes, and headed to the cemitary for
Grandpa's funeral.
First were the Military Honors.
Please excuse all the sniffling. This was the first time I've seen this done since I was the one in Grandma's shoes and it brought back some emotions.
Next up: My aunt Amy read the most depressing poem that I have ever heard.
Then Uncle Duane read Grandpa's life sketch.
Then one grand kid from each family shared a few of their family's favorite memories of Grandpa.
Then it was my turn. I read a poem called I Like To Walk With Papa. "Papa' is what all the great grand kids called him.
Then each of the 15 great grand kids got to place q maroon or gold rose on Papa's casket.
Then my cousins Jessica and Josie played "Through The Years" It's Grandma and Grandpa's song.
After that we took some family pictures by the casket covered in ASU colors.
Then we went to lunch where we took more pictures.
Well apparently this blog has decided that this blog has enough pictures on it and it won''t let me chose any more. So I will continue this onto a second post. :)
























No comments:
Post a Comment