Tuesday, July 30, 2013

A collector Of All Things

A few weeks ago I got an invitation to my cousin Megan's bridal shower, and included in it were two recipe cards for Mackenzie and I to each write our favorite recipes on.  I told Mackenzie about it and she was so excited!  I carefully put everything back into the envelope after showing it to her, and set it on the arm of the couch so I could go make dinner. 

Later hat night I spotted the envelope on the other arm of the couch and it had scribbles all over it.  I quickly peaked inside, and sure enough, the recipe cards were gone.  After a little lecture, Mackenzie admitted that she had hidden them between her bed and rather wall.  So I sent her to get them.  She was gone for a few minutes, before returning empty handed admitting that she had forgot ton where she had put them.  I was so freaking mad by this point!  She got a rather long lecture on not taking things that don't belong to her, and then I made her help me every step of the way as I tore my house apart room by room.  

After what felt like a really long time, I finally messaged my cousin, informing me of what had happened to our cards.  She assured me that she had plenty of extras, and that it was no bug deal.  I eventually got new cards and all was well.  


                            ....................

Cut to the days immediately following our flood.  

My makeup bag had been sitting open on my bed at the time of the flood.  So when I realized that all of my makeup had disappeared, I really didn't think too much about it.  I just figured everything got misplaced in my hurry to move things off of wet carpet.  I simply waited until my next pay day, and spent about $40 replacing every single piece of my makeup collection!  



                              ............................

Cut to the day that u wrote about where we had the big storm with s the lightning.  

I love thunder storms, but this lightning got so close that I heard it hit the power poles just a couple streets over.  I decided to get y flashlight  just in case the power went out.  I to the place where I had hidden it in my room just a few hours before, and it was nowhere to be found.  

After a few minutes of frantically searching my room, Mackenzie admitted to taking it to her room Justine the long list recipe cards!  And also just like the cards, it was not where she said it was.  Luckily the storm passed without incident, and u was able to get the kids to bed.  

I was in the front bathroom getting ready for bed myself when I looked down into Mackenzie's hair accessory drawer and spotted this


About half of my makeup, and my flashlight!  I had half a mind to wake her up and talk to her about it.  But my desire for sleep eventually won me over.  

The next day I was cleaning under my couch cushions when I came across these


It was so wired because I I had already cleaned there once while looking for them, but there they were plain as day!  

We are continuing to work on the whole "it's not nice to hide other people's stuff from then" thing.  Hopefully sometime soon it will click!  I'll have to keep you posted on our progress!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment