Thursday, February 16, 2017

Retail Therapy

As most of you who are reading this know, my grandpa passed away this week.  I will be writing about that soon, but I'm not quite sure how I want to do that post yet.  And besides that, that is a post that I really want to do right, and I'm just not emotionally ready for that yet.  To give you some idea of the basket case that I am, I have spent every single night since Monday crying my eyes out.  Last night was the very worst of it.  I cried for seven hours straight.  I woke up feeling every minute of those seven hours on my red puffy face, but I had to get the kids ready for school, so I made myself get up and ready for the day.  

When my sister called to say that she was here to pick up my kids to take them to school, she told me to grab my purse, and come out too because we were going shopping.  

After dropping the kids off at school, our first stop of the day was Sonic where Kimber bought me breakfast.  Then it was off to Burlington Coat Factory (I freaking love that store!) where I bought entire outfits for me and each of my kids in different combinations of maroon and gold.  My thinking is that Grandpa LOVES ASU football, so if I cant wear an ASU t-shirt to his funeral, I want to do the closest thing to that, so we will be wearing church clothes in ASU colors!  :)

Then it was off to the mall, where Kimber bought her own version of maroon and gold outfits for her family, and I bought a tie necklace,  and a hair bow.  We also had Wetzl's Pritzel''s while we were there, and it was delicious.  We shopped for HOURS!By the time we left the mall, it was almost time to get the kids from school.  
On our way to get the kids we realized that we were super thirsty, so we pulled into the drive thru at Fiz which is an awesome drink place that is owned by some friends of ours, and Kimber informed me that drinks were on me.  It was only fair though since she got breakfast.  
Kimber then dropped me and her kids off at her house while she went on to the school to pick up my kids, and her oldest.  Then we decided to go shopping some more, so we headed to another mall which is a little farther away.  We were all pretty worn out by this point, and my niece Ellie fell asleep in the middle of blowing up a balloon.  :)
At this mall we went to Charming charlies.  Side note:  five kids in charming charlies... not a good idea.
Anyway, while we were there I got these matching bracelets for me and Kenzie  because I absolutely fell in love with them!  
By the time we got home,I realized that although I was super tired, today was actually one of the best days that I have had in a really long time!  It was really fun to just get to hang out with my sister, and not have to worry about anything but what I WANTED to spend my money on.  I might need to find a millionaire to marry, because retail therapy is definately good for the soul!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment