Thursday, September 18, 2014

The Big Day

I have been a nervous wreck for the past week!  The thought of them CUTTING into my gums, and then RIPPING my teeth out of my head while I  was AWAKE literally terrified me!  I was so scared that I had no clue how I was actually going to talk myself into actually getting into that dentist chair when the time actually came!  

So I asked for a Priesthood blessing, AND IT WORKED!    I felt amazingly calm for the rest of the time!  

That is until the time actually came to sit in the chair.... Then my nerves came back in full force!  But thePriesthood was still helping me because I was able to do it WITHOUT the help of the laughing gas that was offered to me!  

My dentist is very young, and as it turns out, still learning how to do procedures like wisdom teeth extractions, so I got to have two doctors working on me. 

There was a lot of talking and teaching going on  which helped drown out the sound of the incisions and the sounds of breaking bone!  And luckily they used lots of fancy medical terms unless they were talking directly to me so that helped that I didn't know exactly what they were saying. 

My infected tooth came out very easily, but the wisdom tooth turned out to be a whole lot harder to take out then they originally thought it would be. The bone that he held that tooth in place is apparently now fractured because of how hard that tooth was to take out. The (teacher) dentist told me that I am just built to be very strong, and that apparently includes my teeth!  

When we went to pick up my kids, everyone got a good laugh out of how my face looked. 
As the night wore on I  slowly felt worse, and worse!  But I was able to manage the pain only using Aleve which I was grateful for!  And I was really happy when I got the kids to bed so I could go to sleep. Although Kyle did clog the toilet which I had to fix which did not make me very happy. :)

Today I woke up feeling pretty good considering that I'd just had surgery in my mouth. Kimber, and Ashley took care if my kids, and getting them to and from school, and I laid around at home all day. 

I've been on strictly a liquid diet since yesterday, and surprisingly in not hungry!  Infact I have to force myself to eat!  

I still have A LOT of Dental work to be done, but luckily nothing is as severe as what they took care of yesterday ! Although I still have 3 wisdom teeth to go, and that is something I AM NOT looking forward to!  

No comments:

Post a Comment