SCHOOL LUNCH
One day During the 2nd week of school Kenzie was having an emotional start to her school day. I ended up having to take her to her teacher, and I got her to let go of me by promising to go to lunch with her that day.
So later that day I walked back to school, and bought the first school lunch that I have eaten at that school in over 20 years! And you know what? It was actually really good!
ANOTHER LOST TOOTH
Kyle goes to lunch just after Kenzie so I got to see him too, but he was too busy with his friends to care very much that his boring old mom was there. :)
LUNCH DATE
One day while I was babysitting Kimber's kids, Slade was invited to a friends house, Ellie was asleep, and Cash was hungry. So he and I had a little lunch date. He looked so cute I had to take a picture. :)
ANOTHER LOST TOOTH
One day at recess Kyle ended up getting hit in the face with a basketball while playing with his friends. Luckily it didn't break his glasses, but it did knock out one of his teeth. Thankfully that tooth was already loose, but from what I'm told it was a bloody mess.
He didn't seam to mind much though because ye FINALLYVgot to use one of the nurse 's fancy tooth holders to bring his tooth home in. It is shaped like a tooth, and apparently if you get one of these special tooth cases it is like receiving some kind of special honorable recognition. Atleast according to my kids. :)
WAY TOO EARLY
WAY TOO EARLY
Our usual wake up time at our house is 6:30 on school days. This gives me the perfect amount of time to convince my kids to get out of bed, and do all the things we need to do in time to walk to school and get there just in time for school to start. I HAVE IT DOWN TO A SCIENCE!
However, my sister recently started a new job that is farther away. This means that we have to wake up an hour early to be out the door at the time we normally wake up! I will never complain though because this new schedule gives me a stable, UNCHANGING babysitting schedule! I biking er get desperate last minute babysitting calls, I know EXACTLY when I will babysit, and that's the way I want it.
However, this little miss now takes before school naps once in a while. Otherwise she gets very grumpy. :)
THE NOSE BLEED AECTION
THE NOSE BLEED AECTION
the day after Kyle got hit in the face with a basket ball, Kyle's nose started to bleed on our walk to school. I wasn't worried about it because it is something that he seams to have inherited from both sides of the family. The only problem was that I had absolutely NOTHING with me to stop the bleeding with. So we stopped there on the sidewalk and I pinched the part of his nose that is duposed to make the bleeding stop. After a minute or so, a lady from our ward stopped and gave us some napkins out of her car and offered to drop Kenzie off at school so she wouldn't be late. Kenzie refused the ride though insisting that I be the one to take her. So I thanked her, and we trudged on to school while Jyke held bloody napkins over his dripping nose.
We made it to campus just as the bell rang, so I hugged Kenzie goodbye, and sent her off to lune up. Then I signed myself into the office and headed back to talk to the nurse to see if I needed to take Jyke home to get his clothes changed. He was pretty proud as we walked through the halls. With dried blood all over his face, hands, arms, and shirt, I have to say that he looked pretty tough! :). Every single boy we passed asked him if he was ok, and he was more than happy to tell the story! :)
Luckily the nurse had a shirt he could borrow , so he and I both got washed up, and he headed to class.
I then headed to Kimber's house with her three kids where I immediately got to work washing the blood out of one of Jykes favorite shirts.
It only took two washes though, I was pretty happy about that!
It only took two washes though, I was pretty happy about that!
STUPID DUMMER!!!!!
You know how most people refer to bright sunny days as hood, happy days? Well I don't see it that way! To me the perfect day is compleetely overcast with no sun, and ideally it would be raining. This isn't because in a gloomy depressed person, but because it's SHADY OUTSIDE! I have an allergy to the sun, and I just don't handle it well. Here is how I typically look after picking up my kids in the afternoons for the first couple months if school.
I recently gave in to my stubornest self though, and bought myself an umbrella. This along with a water bottle with an ice pack in the middle seams to help some. The only thing it doesn't help is the sweat running into my eyes. I HATE THAT!!!
SLADE THE LADIES MAN
SLADE THE LADIES MAN
Mackenzie did so well on the first day of school that in the 2nd and 3rd days if school I made sure that she got where she needed to be and then I left. The result: she kinda freaked out and I had to literally drag her to class for the next solid week. We have made progress since then, but she still watches me like a hawk until she walks into the school building. Luckily there are other parents who wait too so in not the only one. :)
Three days a week I have Kimber's kids with me, so Slade now follows Jenzie around like a little puppy, as a result he hangs out with her friends who are all girls. Most of the time he is either chasing them, or sitting at a picnic table and talking to them. Some of them have even started hugging him goodbye when they have to go kind up. :)
MY NAIL FINALLY FELL OFF
MY NAIL FINALLY FELL OFF
It only took like four months! Kenzie tells me my finger is ugly, and I can't say I disagree with her. :)
A PICNIC IN THE HOUSE
A PICNIC IN THE HOUSE
On Labor Day I really wanted to take my kids out for a picnic at the park, but it was just too dang hot. So I packed them each a sack lunch, and spread blankets out on the living room floor. They got to eat their lunch in front of the TV while we watched Frozen. They thought it was the greatest picnic ever!
SELF INFLICTED HAIR CUT
SELF INFLICTED HAIR CUT
My little Miss has a bad habit of giving herself haircuts. I have tried everything I could think of to teach her not to do that, but nothing seams to be working. She cut it in atleast two places. I found this in the bathroom, and another one under the couch.
In hopes of finally getting through to her I decided to teach her a lesson. She has been wanting to grow her hair back out for a long time now which I actually want too. But in the name of "fixing her hair" I had the lady cut it much, much shorter than she had to. :). It actually turned out pretty cute. :)
In hopes of finally getting through to her I decided to teach her a lesson. She has been wanting to grow her hair back out for a long time now which I actually want too. But in the name of "fixing her hair" I had the lady cut it much, much shorter than she had to. :). It actually turned out pretty cute. :)
That night she loved her hair do I was afraid that my plan had backfired. But the next morning when she woke up she decided that she looked like a boy and REFUSED to get ready for school. :). So she and I made a deal. If she leaves her hair alone she is allowed to grow it back out, but if she cuts it then I will take her to get her hair "fixed" again. :)
Well, I think that's about it for my catch up posts. But stay tuned, here is a preview if what I will be writing about tomorrow. :)















No comments:
Post a Comment