Thursday, May 1, 2014

This Has Been Years In The Making!


Back when my kids were toddlers, I stumbled onto a blog that I fell instantly in love with!  

It was written by a lady who had spent several years as a teacher before getting married, and having a son. She then turned her focus to teaching her son pre school the same way she would have taught in a classroom it was just geared more toward littler kids. The best part was that she shared EVERYTHING ON HER BLOG, including hundreds of printable a, and step by step instructions!    The best part was that it was all COMPLEETELY FREE!  

The only problem was that at the time, and for a very long time after, I just couldn't afford the supplies it would take to put all the activities together. 

My kids and their cousins on my side of the family are together more than not, and they really are so close that they might as well be brothers and sisters. The only down side to this is that they argue ALL THE STINKIN' TIME!  They are  also one of the rowdiest groups of kids I have ever met! Which is saying something because I worked in daycare for seven years. :)

In an effort to keep my sanity in check over summer vacation which is fast approaching, I turned to Pinterest in hopes of finding some activities for the kids. In the process u ended up rediscovering this blog that I had completely forgotten about!  And this time I was able to actually use some if her ideas!  

I was so excited that I was practically bouncing in my seat as I printed page after beautiful page!  And I was ecstatic that I could get many of my supplies at the dollar store!  

Now comes the fun part of putting everything together into little activity packets. I gave a lot if work ahead of me,  but this is the kind of stuff I love to do!  Once I finish this I am moving on to file folder faked!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment