We were just standing out there watching fireworks and having a friendly conversation with a friendly guy who lives 1 building over from us when a lady who I have never seen before came storming out of an apartment in the building we were standing by and DEMANDED to know why there were fireworks in the sky.
I calmly explained that some people were being trained to become certified to set off fireworks, so we were getting a free show out of it. She then went on mumbling about people ending up getting blown up, and I politely ignored her.
She then turned to me and said "gosh your kids are getting tall, is their dad tall? Although you're tall yourself". I simply answered with. "He was about a half inch taller than me, but I have a brother who is 6'5 so I'm sure that's where the height comes from". The ONLY thing she got from my answer was that I had said was instead of is. So I got to give a very brief description of how I am a widow before she broke in with a very detailed description of how her husband died, and she almost died with him. Then I gut the complete rundown of her family's medical history.
She then went into a description of the changes in mine and Kenzie's hair styles since we have lived here, ande me wonder just how closely this wierd woman has been watching my family!
She heard me explaining to the guy about why I don't drive. He wads telling me that I would make a great school bus monitor. She then steped in and started literally yelling at the poor man saying that there was no way in this world that I could ever have a job especially not around kids because I might fall on them and get sued for it ! I tried to rescue the poor guy by trying to interupt with, no I'm not blind, I can see to work. But there was just no stopping her. The guy just waved goodbye to me and left in the middle of her rant.
Now I was stuck with her full attention in me (sigh).
She went back to her whole husband is dead thing. I was informed that she will be married to her husband through the eternities because she knows a Mormon AND she has known her husband since the. 8th grade. :). So I informed her that I AM a Mormon and that I really am sealed to my husband forever. I'm not gona lie, I had a hard time not laughing. :). She just went on and on about how I am such a good woman. I have a little embarrassed laugh and she didn't like that because "she was speaking truth!"
She finally ended her lecture of sorts by telling Kyle and Kenzie to "find their good mother a good Mormon man!" I JUST SBOUT DUED KSUGHING ! Luckily I made it to my house first! :)
Turns out she knows my sister, and she has seen her drop us off before. That makes me feel just a tiny but better about how she knew so many wierd things about us.
She told my kids to call yer grandma.... Yeah that won't be happening. :)
Oh yeah and I almost forgot! After going on and in about I should never work especially with kids, she told me that I would make an exceptional Kindergarten teacher !
I have never in my life come away from a conversation fealing mire confused, or amused! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment