Since the weather has been really nice lately we have taken advantage of the opportunity to spend lots of time playing outside so we have been at the park more than usual , and we have ended up in the middle of some pretty interesting situations.
The first one was on Tuesday.
The kids were having fun playing, when a man showed up with two dogs. One was a pitbull and the other one was some kind of small dog. I thought it was wierd that he brought them onto the playground instead of the huge field where the dogs would have tons of room to play, but I didn't think much of it since the dogs were on leashes.
Atleast not until the pitbull got away from its owner and tried to attack a tiny boy who couldn't have been older than 2! Luckily the owner caught the dog before it could hurt the boy, but he then sat down with it and told it what a good dog it was! He then not only kept the dog on the playground while it growled, snarled, barked, and tried to jump at the kids, but he argued with the grandma if the little boy who had almost been attacked! The grandma had suggested that he take the dog to the other part of the park where it wouldn't be agitated by the kids. The man then arrogantly informed her that the dog was used to his 5 kids, and therefore was a perfect dog to have around kids, and had just as much right to be there as anyone else.
I could feel the tention in the air, the dog was getting more and more agitated, and I suddenly got the impression that I needed to get out of there. I have learned the hard way that when I get a prompting that I had better follow it, so that's exactly what I did. I gathered up my kids, and we walked home. I don't know if anything happened after I left, but once we were headed away from the park the uneasy feeling instantly vanished.
The second thing that happened was yesterday.
It was "super early release day" and it was cloudy and cool, so I decided to let the kids play for a couple hours. I not only had my kids, but my niece Mckynkee, and Kyke's best friend Marcus to keep an eye on.
I was talking to Marcus's mom, who had just arrived to take Marcus home , when a little boy about Mckynkee's age fell head first off the top of the jungle gym hitting his head twice on the way down while his parents sat chatting in their fmgroup totally oblivious to the fact that he was even so high up, and close to the edge. The mom actually had to ask me to tell her what had happened.
When the dad picked him up, I could see the blood dripping from his head.
Before long the fire truck arrived with lights and sirens going from a whole 50 feet away, and there were no cars in its way, so I really didn't understand that part.
The boy ended up being ok as far as I know, although his parents did take him to the ER for stitches.
I think we are done with the park for this week LOL
No comments:
Post a Comment