Friday, February 7, 2014

My Kids Are Forcing Me To Have A SoCal Life

Growing up, I wasn't really the SoCal butterfly type of person.  I got along well with my piers, and I had lots of friends, but I just never really went out much.  I preferred to stay home.  

As we have all gotten older, and started our own families, we slowly moved farther, and farther away from each other, and more if my friends live out of state than in state now.  We keep in touch through SoCal media, but since I can't exactly walk to their houses anymore, that's about the extent of it. 

In the past couple of weeks, my kids have decided to become Social butterflies, and I think it's great!  The only problem is that since I don't drive it takes more effort on my part to actually get them where they need to go, and then get back there to pick them up.  It has also forced me. To get out of my comfort zone, and become friends with their friends moms.  This week alone, I talked to Kyle's best friends mom for over an hour when she stopped by the park to pick up her son where the boys had been playing.  And the next day, when I stopped by Mackenzie's best friends house to pick her up at the end if a play date, her m invited me in and gave me the grand tour of her house.  

They are great moms, and I am lucky to get to know them.  I just think it's funny how my kids are kind of forcing me to step out of my comfort zone and be more social.   :)


No comments:

Post a Comment