Saturday, October 5, 2013

Our General Conference Store

This is a picture of my kids actually sitting down quietly, and willingly watching General Conference!!!!  It was magical LOL. :)
And here is how I made it happen:

First I went shopping for a bunch of yummy snacks.  

Next I made some signs and hung them above my kitchen counter to advertise my store.  

Then I set up my treats in the store.  
And last but certainly not least, I made some money!  :)
The way it worked was that the kids had to listen to each talk with me, and I would randomly point out the simplest points of the talk.  

At the end of each talk they each had to tell me one thing about the talk, and then they would get one conference dollar.  Once they had three conference dollars, they could buy a snack from our conference store.  
It worked like a charm!  

I sure hope it works again tomorrow!  

No comments:

Post a Comment