My mom and sister were sweet enough to take me to McDonalds to pick up some lunch, and then drop me off at the school. after helping me pack the meals in insulated lunch boxes.
I was a little early, so I hung out in the office for a little while, and the office workers were thanking me for torturing them with the smell of fast food! ha ha
Soon it was time to head to Kenzie's classroom. When I walked in the door she was sitting at her table working hard on a math sheet. When she saw the Little mermaid lunch box in my hand her eyes got really wide! :) After math, the class sat on the carpet, and they sang some songs until lunch time. Then we headed to lunch!
Kenzie was ecstatic when she found out that McDonalds was in her lunch box! However, They ended up having to move the table she was at to make more room for another row, and they decided to do it WHILE THE KIDS WERE ON IT! Her chicken nuggets went crashing to the ground, and she dissolved into tears! But luckily I had ordered a meal with two small hamburgers in it, so I gave one to her, and all was right with the world again! Luckilly she still had some French fries too! :)
Then we headed to the playground where I watched her play in the hot, hot sun without a care in the world! However when it was time to line up, it was suddenly too hot for her. :) I followed her class back into the building where I gave her a quick hug on my way back to the office to wait for lunch #2
After a few minutes of chatting with the office ladies, I headed back to the cafeteria to wait for Kyle. After a few minutes I saw Kyle peak around the corner of the doorway, and when he saw me standing off to the side he came running. I handed him his lunch box, and without even looking at me he ran back to his teacher excitedly yelling "MY MOM BROUGHT ME LUNCH!" At this point he still had no clue that it was McDonalds! :) His teacher then walked him back to me, and told him to show mom where he sat. So I hung out with Kyle and his best friend while they ate. Soon it was time for them to go out to recess, so he gave me a hug and kiss, and I headed home.
I'm glad that he's finally starting to be more independent but I'm even more glad that he's not embarrassed to be seen with me yet! :)
I'm glad that I got to go have lunch with my kids! It was lots of fun, and I loved spending time with them!
No comments:
Post a Comment