Saturday, September 14, 2013

I Always Thought I Would Be Writing Theese Kinds Of Posts About My Boy....NOPE!

So far (knock on wood) I have never had to replace shoes, or a backpack for Kyle in the middle of the school year. His things have gotten pretty beat up, but never to the point of having to be replaced, and honestly I'm kinda shocked by that!

Turns out it's MY GIRL that I get to replace school stuff for!

Last Sunday she was carrying her school shoes from the Living room to her shoe basket when she suddenly burst into tears in the hallway. She came running to me, sobbing that her shoe broke so I looked at it, and sure enough....half of the Velcro was just GONE, and it wasn't the strap that you would kinda expect to maybe brake at some point, it was the part that's glued to the shoe! 

I told her that she had some shoes that she could wear until pay day, and then we would go pick out some new ones.  Luckilly this calmed down the hystarics! 

Then on TUESDAY.....Not even an entire forty-eight hours later, we were headed out the door to school, and when Kenzie swung her backpack over her shoulder, the strap completely ripped off of the back pack!  So I unlocked the door, and hurried to grab my cute little pink & black zebra & polka dot mini back pack for her to borrow. 

When she came home that afternoon, she BEGGED to PLEASE HAVE A NORMAL SIZE BACKPACK!  So we got online since I really don't like bothering people for rides, and it took her FOREVER, but she FINALLY found one that she liked!  So, I dug into my Tiny Disney Land fund that I NEVER EVER touch, and we bought her a new back pack! 

On the day that it was delivered, she was so excited that you would have thought it was Christmas!  There were lots of happy squeals as she tore open the package that was delivered to our door!
I'm just hoping that this one will last longer than a month!  :)

1 comment: