When the bell rang Kenzie came over for a quick hug, scooped up her back pack, AND SHE LINED UP WITH HER CLASS!!!!!!!!!! SHE'S NEVER DONE THAT BEFORE!!!!!!!IT WAS A CHRISTMAS MIRACLE!!!!!!!
Kimber was sweet enough to drive me back to her house, bless her soul! And I watched the kids. Nothing too exciting happened except that both baby girls are at different, yet equally destructive stages of toddlerhood.....THERE IS NO REST FOR THIS FOFIE!
We had to leave super early to head to the school because Kynlee took Slade's seat in the stroller which meant that the poor kid had to walk with me. I have to allow time for him to walk super slow because he spends more time complaining about walking than actually walking. Unless we have to cross a street, in which case he is suddenly all smiles and excited to race across with me!
We got to the school early enough that we could sit down and rest, and apparently today was angry parents day because a lady came in insisting that although the school is full they have to make an exception and give her son a boundary exception because their home school is "Crappy!" She eventually stormed out, but I'm sure ill get the comical pleasure of seeing her again! :)
I then picked up my kids and found out that Kyle did an AMAZING JOB lining up today! We then played in the shade until David came and got his kids. I kept the stroller to push Kynlee home, and we headed toward the crosswalk. That's when we encountered the second angry parent of the day.....this one was literally GROWLING at a teacher who wouldn't let her kids go wondering off into the parking lot alone, therefor forcing her to actually step out of her car and walk the few steps to pick them up. I didn't stick around to hear the end of it because I was laughing pretty hard and I didn't want to risk her seeing me and growling at me too!
We were almost to our turnoff into the neighborhood when David pulled up and offered to squeeze my kids into his car. Unfortunately there was no room for me, Kynlee, or the stroller, and at least Kynlee had shade, so I kept trudging toward home. And let me tell you, IT IS HOT!!!!! I mean really hot!!!! In all honesty, I would rather deal with the humidity from a couple weeks ago than deal with this!!! I am literally coming home sick every day! This is a different heat....I don't know what it is, but it's miserable!!!!! It burns your feet through your shoes, and when I pull my phone out if my pocket, it burns my fingers! That didn't even happen the day that my sisters car said it was 127 degrees!
Anyway, after a couple of minutes my friend from my old ward pulled up and offered us a ride!!!! She saved my life!!! And I am very grateful to her for rescuing me from the heat!!!!!
She dropped me off at Kimber's, where I picked up my kids and we headed home. Soon Kynlee was picked up so we could do homework and have dinner. We had a very fancy dinner that consisted of Easymac because my head is pounding and I can't even think straight!
My kids are asleep now, and the only reason I'm not us because I have to wait for my laundry. Then I can take a quick shower and finally CRASH for the night!
No comments:
Post a Comment