Wednesday, August 28, 2013

It's Only My Opinion

Ok so I am a few posts behind on this blog, but I am getting seriously annoyed by something so I would like to talk about that for a minute.  

What is pop culture?  

Is it not a bunch of people doing whatever they can weather good or bad to attract attention, and get people talking about them so that they can hopefully get, or stay famous?  

I think it is.  

Unless you have been living under a rock, you are probably aware that recently a troubled young celebrity gave a performance that was quite disturbing.  Weather she actually thought she was sexy, or if she was simply trying to shock people, only she will really ever know for sure.  But I do know that ultimately the only thing that she wanted was to get people talking about her.  She doesn't necessarily care if its good or bad publicity as long as she is getting some sort of PUBLICITY!  And she's getting it too!  

For the past few days my Facebook news feed has been clogged with  post, after post, AFTER POST about this particular incident!  No one that I saw was happy about it, but did you know that every time you type her name, post pictures comparing her to animals, talk about how disappointed you are, post links to her old  music videos, or whatever else it is that you post. To make sure that everyone knows your opinion on the matter, you are actually helping her helping her stay in the limelight?!  

I can't get on Facebook , youtube, or Twitter, or turn on the TV or radio without reading or hearing SOMETHING about this, AND IM SICK OF IT!    Yes it happened and it is a good example of what we don't want to be!  So let's take it for what it's worth, get over it and MOVE ON!  

There are plenty of people who do really great things that are worth talking about! How about if we talk about them, and give them the attention because they deserve it!  

Just something to think about..

No comments:

Post a Comment