Thursday, July 25, 2013

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE MONSOON STORMS!!!

I live in the wrong state!  Yes you read that right.  The reason why I say that is because my idea if a perfect day involves a sky full of lots of heavy dark clouds that cover the sun and pour rain all day!  And somehow I live in one of the hottest and driest places in the entire United States!  I swear that the sun shines at least 360 days a year here!  So when the humidity finally gets High enough to push in our AWESOME summer storms, I do a little happy dance!  I love the clouds, the rain, the the lightning, and the thunder!  I could do without the dust though.  :)

Here are some pictures if a couple storms that we watched roll in over the past couple weeks!  






And after the dust storm we got to play in the rain!
This one was kinda erie to watch roll in.  The kids were playing in my moms back yard because it was actually cool enough to play outside, when the sky started getting dark.  We decided to hurry home because it was coming in really fast!  And it got DARK!  The pictures don't show how dark it was!  
When we were  about half way home the lightning started off in the distance, and Kenzie was CONVINCED that it was going to get us!  

Luckily we made it home a few minutes before it hit our neighborhood, and I'm glad because this storm had TONS of lightning in it.  It was really cool to watch though!  





I hope we get a few more good storms before the season is done!

No comments:

Post a Comment