Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Should I Be Worried????


Two nights ago, I was rudely awakened by what I could have sworn was a gunshot outside my house.  At first I wondered if I had dreamed it, but I immediately heard my upstairs neighbors climb out of bed and hurry to the door, so I knew that they had heard it too.  I was a little shaken up, so I sat there listening for a little while, but I never heard anything more, so I eventually went back to sleep.  

Last night, the kids and I were sitting in the living room watching TV.  We had the back window open because I was waiting for some laundry to dry.  

The sun was almost down, and I was sitting on the floor with my back against the couch, I was staring out the window thinking about nothing in particular, when all of a sudden my electricity flickered off for about half a second. It was quickly followed by a loud popping sound outside, and a quick flash of light on the power lines that you see in the picture above.  I quickly recognized the popping sound as the gunshot from the night before although this one wasn't nearly as loud.  

I'm probably  worrying for nothing, but it just makes me a little nervous because those power lines are only a few feet from my house.  


1 comment:

  1. I would definitely have someone from the office come check that out. Scary!

    ReplyDelete