A few weeks ago I got my Patriarchal Blessing, and it was definately one of the best days of my life!
I won't go into the details of my blessing because those are very personal, and to share only with those that I feel prompted to share it with, and not to be published on the internet. But I will say a few things about it.
1. I'm just goint to be streight up honest here, and say that I have led a very uniqe life. I have faced things that many people will never have to face, and things that I wish that no one ever had to face because they are hard, and they hurt! But I have always lived by the moto "I never said it would be easy, I only said it would be worth it" The scripture also often comes to mind that says that Heavenly Father will never give you anything that you are not able to handle. Those two things have always been what comes to mind when I am in the middle of something really hard. And somehow I have always been able to find a positive side to each and every trial that I have faced. And now looking back, I can honestly see how many of those things that seamed really, really, really hard, and impossible at the time were actually blessings in disguise, preparing me for future experiences. I can now look back and see how strong I truely have been even though I didn't feel strong at the time.
Now after receiving my Patricharal Blessing, I now understand, probably not to the full extent, but I understand enough to know why I have been given such hard things to face, and why I have always had the attitude about them that I do! I also understand why they havn't seamed that hard to me.....they just seamed like living every day life! And this new knoledge makes me very excited!
2. I'm not totally sure how to word this, so again, I'm just gona be totally honest and streightforward with it. During part of the time that Aaron and I were separated there was a period of time when he wasn't exactly happy with me, and I think it's probably safe to say that he probably didn't like me very much. But then one day it was like he flipped a switch, and he wanted to make things right, and put our family back together if he could. This day was exactly SIXTY DAYS before he died!
There have been PLENTY of things that have happened to help me know that he is still here with us, and that he is still is my eternal companion, and that he is still very much a part of our family! But There has still been a silly nagging fear that keeps asking "What if our eternal family isn't what he wants?" It's not something that I talk about much, or really even think about much, because I know deep down that that's all that it really is....just a silly fear.
So when the Patriarch got to a part of my blessing that made it 100 percent clear that my Eternal Marraige is still compleetely in tact, and that that is not only what I want, but what Aaron wants too, that gave me the confermation that I needed to shut that stupid fear up! I have never felt so much comfort and so much peace as I did during that part of my blessing!
3. It was so exciting to get to learn things about myself, that I have perhaps seen small glimpses of, but never really knew! There are so many fun and exciting things in store for me and my family both in this life, and in Heaven, and I look forward to experiencing them all!
No comments:
Post a Comment