This morning while making breakfast I realized that I didn't know if my eggs were still good. So I pulled the carton out of the fridge and it was just my luck that the date was smeared and all I could read was that their date was some time last month. I was just about to call my sister to borrow some from her when I suddenly remembered something that I had seem done at my grandmas house a long time ago. I had been a little girl at the time, so I called my mom to make sure that I hadn't imagined it, and as it turns out that I was right! There is a way to figure out if eggs are good or mot and it is really quite simple !
First fill a big bowl or pot with cool water. Then carefully place the eggs in the water. If the eggs are good, they will stay on the bottom. They might stand on end but as long as they are touching the bottom they are safe to eat.
If an egg has gone bad it will immediately float to to the top of the water. It has something to do with the bad bacteria in it that will make it float.
I just thought that I would share this in case there is anyone out there who hasn't learned this trick yet.

No comments:
Post a Comment