Thursday, April 30, 2015

Wisdom Teeth Suck!!!!!

In January I was dealing with some serious pain on the left side of my face. As it turned out  I had an infected wisdom tooth. I was put on antibiotics and a perscription mouth wash and given an appointment for a few days later.

Except that appiintment never happened. My appointments kept getting rescheduled. Most times within hours of the appointment because the doctor "suddenly went home sick" 

I finally gave up and went somewhere else. I ended up going to a dentist that I went to years ago. The only reason I stopped was because they are a little expensive.

They were so nice and willing to help me and took my wisdom teeth out on February 16th. I was so scared, but I am  even more scared of not waking up after sedation so I chose to stay awake d urring the surgery.

I knew I was in for a painful time when the dentist put his hand on my shoulder and said "these bottom ones are not going to be fun. " 

I then got between 6 and 8 shots in my mouth including the most painful shot I think I have ever endured in the roof of my mouth. 

I was numb from my forehead to part way down my throat all the way across my face from one ear to the other. That was an interesting experience.

The bottom two were all the way down imbedded in the bottom of my jaw. I dont know how to describe how it felt while they were cutting and prying them out. IT HURT A LOT!!!!!

I hardly even noticed when they worked on the top. That was a welcome relief! 

I told them that I was sorry for being a wimp and they assured me that I was actually quite the opposite. When I got home I spent my day laying in bed and sleeping. Although I did manage to do exactly one load  of laundry and cook my kids some pizza rolls in the microwave. Other than rhat I was pretty much a lazy, useless, kinda bloody lump on a log.
I was so thankful that my kids were really good about letting me rest and doing things to help me.

I am so glad that all of my wisdom teeth are gone now and that I will never have to go through that EVER AGAIN! 



No comments:

Post a Comment