Tuesday, July 8, 2014

A Broken Pipe, A Lunch Date, And A Flood

Not one of these things has anything to do with the other. 

On the 4th of July my A/C started leaking. I wasn't too worried because this is actually pretty late in the summer for this to start at our house. I was however very happy when they finally came to fix it for me today. :)

But shortly after he started vacuuming out the line, the valve broke offin his hand. The maintainence man broke my house!  LOL. 

Fortunately he got it cleaned out before it broke though, and he has the part on order, but for now we have a plastic bag catching water where a pipe should be. :)

After that, Aaron's mom came and took us to lunch. She also brought my niece Hannah, and the kids had lots of fun playing together. It was also fun to get to talk and catch up with her because we don't get to see her nearly as often as we would like. 

Later on in the evening I was researching a college program that I am really interested in. Suddenly I could hear the sound of water dripping onto the floor. I kind of panicked at first because in my experience in this house that means something is leaking somewhere. So I ran toward the sound to find my kids at the kitchen table. Every big bowl and baking dish I own was set on the table filled to overflowing with water. Each dish also had a toy of some sort in it. They kept adding more water because they didn't care that water was running over the sides, and flooding the table until it  ran off onto the floor. They had a puddle from my table almost around the corner to mtky kitchen!  

Luckily I have hard floors, so I gathered up a bunch of towels, and out them to work cleaning up their mess. 

They said they were doing an experiment. Maybe I will show them some experiments that aren't quite so messy. :)

That in a nutshell was our day.   Now I'm laying here listening to the thunder outside. I really hope it rains because that would make today perfect!  

No comments:

Post a Comment