This is one of the most exciting school days of the whole school year at my kids school! It is where everyone gets a little invitation from their next years teacher, and then they get to spend a little while with that teacher doing fun activities! It's really quite a big deal! :)
I am so excited that both of my kids got the teachers that I wanted them to get! Kenzie will have the same teacher who Kyle had in 1st grade. She is a phenomenal teacher, and she did an amazing job with Kyle! Mackenzie got to know her when Kyle was in her class, and she already lives her ! I know she will have a great 1st grade year!
Since Kyle is my oldest, I don't know as much about the teachers that I have to choose from for him. So I rely very heavily in his current teachers opinion. He is a very sensitive and emotional kid who had been much more effected by the tragedies that have occurred in our family, so it is very important that he has teachers whe are sensitive to that, and will love him no matter what . But at the same time he is extremely smart, and has to he in an accelerated classroom, otherwise he just gets bored, which can cause him to be a little naughty. ;)
I don't know the teacher he will have, but I have heard nothing but amazing things about her, and she comes with very high praise from Kykes current teacher who has really gone out of her way to really get to know Kyle this year! I know that next year is going to be an amazing year for Kyle!
For Kenzie's move up day, she listened to a story, colored a picture, and got her picture taken.
For Kykes move up day they listened to a story, got their picture taken, and decorated a puzzle piece!
They were so excited to tell me all about their day, it was just like Christmas! :)

No comments:
Post a Comment