Monday, January 27, 2014

Oh The Joys Of Monday...

This past weekend was a bad one for me.  I mean really bad!  I finally got my turn to battle the lovely flu bug that has been tormenting most of my extended family for the past couple of weeks, and it was not pretty!  I won't go into the disgusting details, but I will tell you that in a matter of 36 hours I lost enough water weight to turn my tight pants into baggy pants, and this morning when I looked in the mirror I could see a very subtle difference in the shape of my body!  It was a great reward that I paid a very high price for ha ha. 

This morning when I woke up, I was excited to discover that I felt significantly better.  Not 100 percent, but functional.  So I packed my bright red Mickey bag with everything that I might need for the day.  I packed foods that are easy on the stomach, my phone charger, Kyle's scout uniform and book, pencils, my iPod, and things that might help me if I got sick again.  

Kimber then dropped us off at school where I got my kids to class before walking home with Kinbers kids.  

As soon as we got to the house things just went totally crazy.  Ellie continually had the runs, and did nothing but cry unless she was cuddling in my lap, Cash puked  up every ounce of formula he drank,  and screamed his head off unless he was being held, and Slade kept puking because he was coughing so much that he gaged himself.  

Just before lunch time I got a call from the school nurse informing me that she had Kyle in her office complaining of a stomach ache.  I asked her if she thought he needed to come home, and she said yes.  So I buckled the babies back in the stroller, put Slade's shoes on, and we headed to the school.  At first Kyle acted like he might really be sick, but when he got to Slade's house he was suddenly magically cured.  Normally I would have made him just lay on the couch since "sick kids " can't play, but I just didn't have the energy to fight that battle today. So I settled Cash into his baby chair, and let him scream while I buckled Ellie into her high hair and made lunch.  It was at about this time that I realized that u had a really intense sinus headache!  And of course cold  medicine was the one thing that I did not bring with me!  Soon I put Ellie down for a nap, sent the boys to the toy room, and I cuddled Cash, and did my best to relax.  

All too soon it was time to walk back to the school to pick up Kenzie.  So I changed diapers and clothes where necessary, , found and put on shoes, buckled kids in the stroller, filled sippy cups, and made a bottle.  

Despite all of that, we got to the school about 20 minutes early so I got to fight  the kids in the office for a while...that was fun.....  

I decided not to take Kyleto scouts because he had come home from school  early after all, that cut about 3 hours off my day counting walking time, so I was happy that I made that decision.  

Once we got home, my kids were very rowdy, but I somehow managed to have them do their homework. Then after watching TV for a little while, and eating dinner, they went to bed without any rowdiness at all!  Which almost never happens.  

Now here I am relaxing on the couch in my peaceful house writing this blog post. It's kinda ironic how peaceful it is considering how crazy today was.  I'm just glad that this Monday is finally coming to a close!  

No comments:

Post a Comment