Saturday, January 18, 2014

Mackenzie's Wish Finally Came True!

For the last seven months or so Kenzie has been asking to get her ears pierced.  Then last month when her best friend gave her a little bag full if cute little girl earrings.the begging kicked into high gear.  

I really had no problem with her getting her ears pierced.  I was just worried that her ears might react like mine did  when I got them pierced.  It involved a lot of pain, and a lot of bleeding for months afterwards.  I have gotten my ears pierced three diferent times, and each time it was the same routine.  The only piercing I still have is the second ones, and it took me YEARS to get my ears used to the idea of wearing earrings.  

But yesterday we happened to be near by a store that pierces ears, so I surprised Kenzie by taking her in there.  She was so excited!  And very brave!  



She is so happy to finally have pierced ears!  And the best part is that so far it looks like she did not inherit my overly sensitive skin!  Her ears were only slightly pink for a few minutes, and she doesn't complain of any pain when I clean them.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it stays that way!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment