Wednesday, November 27, 2013

A Change Of Plans For Family Night



Kyle has been very excited for Cub Scouts!  

For some strange reason our ward has selected Mondays as the day for  Kyle's wolf den to meet, which kind of totally screws up family night at our house, but oh well.  

Anyway, Since Kyle's birthday fell on a Tuesday this year, he had to wait another week for his first day of scouts.  And let me tell you, that week was one of the longest of his life!  :)

The next Sunday, Kyle's new scout leader came up and introduced herself, and told Kyle how much fun he would have at scouts the next day!  

The next day, Kyle was bouncing off the walls all day, and pretty much every single word that came out of his mouth had something to do with scouts!  

That Afternoon, my sister dropped everything that she was doing, and came over to help me put the patches on Kyle's scout shirt.  

Just as she was finishing up, about an hour and a half before I was suposed to take him, I got a phone call.  They had decided to cancel scouts because of Vetrens Day! 

I wanted to ask why she had gotten him so excited for it the day before then, but I kept my mouth shut.  

When I broke the news. To Kyle, he was beyond devistated!  So I decided to cheer him up!  

First we went to Burger King to have dinner.  Then we walked over to the dollar store.  My plan  was to buy some Thanksgiving decorations, and we would spend family night decorating for Thanksgiving.  

My plans changed though when I realized that they had absolutely NO THANKSGIVING DECORATIONS!  IT WAS ALL CHRISTMAS!  I wondered if they  knew that Thanksgiving hadn't happened yet, that infact it was still weeks away!  

The Christmas decorations were cute though, so we bought some before walking to grandma and grandpa G's house.  We hung out there for a little while until Kimber came and drove us home.  

Although Kyle started out a little sad, we all ended up having a fun night!  

No comments:

Post a Comment