Today while I was sitting in Primary, a member of the presidency handed this to me. It kinda caught me off guard to tell you the truth! :). Since he will be turning eight this year we have been focusing a lot on the fact that he will be baptized, but to be perfectly honest, I haven't really been exposed to the world of scouting very much, so the whole idea of him starting Cub Scouts simply never occurred to me.
When we got home I showed him the application, and he is THRILLED! Off and on he will just sit and stare at the application, and he is DETERMINED to memorize the Cub Scout promise! He keeps saying things like "When I am a Cub Scout I will....." And he"s already making big plans for when he's an Eagle Scout! :)
I think that this will be an awesome thing for Kyle, and I know he is going to love every minute of it! He is the kind of kid who likes to have a goal to work towards.
The only thing that bothers me is that I can't believe he's already old enough! He is growing up way too fast!

No comments:
Post a Comment