Wednesday, August 28, 2013

My Big Strong Boy Was Taken Down By An innocent Little Baby Girl!


I'm not sure if you can see it in this picture or not, but in it Kyle has a huge cut under his tongue.

Looking back now the whole situation was actually kind of funny, but at the time it was a little scary.  

One day Kyle was sitting on the floor drinking a water bottle when Ellie crawled up in his lap.  In the process of trying to grab the bottle she ended up shoving it hard into the part of his mouth where his tongue attaches to his mouth.  

He freaked out and started screaming, so I ran in there and demanded what had happened.  He screamed the story to me, but his tongue hurt, so he was slurring his words like a drunk person!  So I kind of freaked out because all I knew was that my screaming son had blood pouring out of his mouth, and he couldn't talk!  

It took me a second or two to compose myself, but I managed to pull myself together and take control of the situation.  I marched Kyle into the bathroom where I tried my best to look under his tongue but of corse he refused to open his mouth wide enough to let any sort if light in!  And we'll... I'm kinda blind so I need as much light as possible!  And when I finally could see there was so much blood that I was sure the bottom of his tongue had gotten detached!    

I was really surprised though by how fast the bleeding stopped!  Judging by the amount if blood I was sure it would be blessing for a while.  But it only took a couple of minutes to be able to see that it was just a really good cut!  And in no time at all it stopped bleeding all together!  Kyle was in pain for a while, and he talked funny for a couple hours because he refused to move his tongue, but before long he was as good as new!  

No comments:

Post a Comment