Monday, August 5, 2013

Megan & Zach's Wedding Day!

Yesterday was a very LONG DAY, therefore, this will be a very long post!  Just a heads up!  

My alarm was set for 4 AM yesterday, but for some dumb reason I woke up at 3:30.  I knew I wouldn't be able to get any quality sleep before my alarm went off, so I sleepily found the alarm ap on my phone, and turned it off.  I then laid there for a few minutes and played a couple of my favorite games on my phone before finally deciding that I needed to stop being lazy.  So I sleepily rolled out of bed, hurriedly ate a pop tart, and took my sweet time getting ready.  That's why I got up so early, I hate being rushed, it stresses me out!  

I woke my kids up at 5:00 am, and fed them pop tarts too.  It is the breakfast of champions after all!  :). 
I then helped them into their 1st outfits of the day.  

At 6:30 AM my mom arrived to pick us up.  We then headed to my sisters house where Mackenzie & I got our hair done.  

At 8:15 Kyler, and his girlfriend Ashley arrived to watch Kyle, Mackenzie, Slade, and Ellie.  Mom, Kimber, and I then headed to drop off food, pick up Grandpa, and Grandma, and head to the Temple.  When we got there it was PACKED!  I got dropped off in the parking lot with my grandparents, and my mom and Kimber had to go off and find somewhere to park.  We later learned that there were more than TWENTY weddings scheduled before 11 AM!  

As I sat there watching my cousin get sealed to her new husband, tears came to my eyes as I listened to the exact same words that sealed me to my own eternal companion in that very same room almost nine years ago!  I was very grateful for the reminder!  

After the sealing, we headed outside where I we met up with the rest of the family, and my kids were excited to see me.  :). We waited in the shade until Megan & Zach's made their appearance! 
After a few pictures, we headed to lunch.  The decorations were super cute!
This s is the food table.  

And this was the center piece on the table that we sat at.  


We had lots of fun hanging out with family!  



Lunch was barbecue beef with lots of salads, and it was yummy!
I think the funniest part of the whole day was when Zach was taking his turn to introduce his side of the family, and he apologized that his  and Megan's kids couldn't make it, but assured us that we would meet them at the receotion! :)
After lunch the kids had fun hanging out with the newlyweds!  
After lunch the kids got to play while the grown ups cleaned up the church.  

Kenzie and Olivia were inseparable!

Kyle and Slade had fun too!
Kyle's favorite thing  was shoe basketball.  :)
Kynlee just hung around looking cool :)
And Ellie spent her time or acting walking.  
Once the church was all clean we headed to my aunt Brenda's house where we all pretty much crashed.  

I just had to take a picture of this because it shows just how tall Kyle really is!  The girl on the left is Olivia.  She is my moms cousin's daughter, and she is about three weeks younger than Kyle.  
After a couple of hours we headed to the receotion.  I loved how it was decorated!  




















And I thought the cake was super cute!  
This was the table that we sat at.  


And these were cute little favors that they gave out!   
Here we are at the receotion!  
Mackenzie got to be the flower girl,  and she was the prettiest little flower girl I have ever seen!  When she was finally all ready she turned to me and asked "do you think Daddy thinks I look beautiful?"  I told her yes, and I was rewarded with a huge smile!  




She was so excited to look like a princess just like her "Chica". 

And she was so excited to be in pictures!  She practiced smiling her prettiest smile for days!  




She wasn't the only cute kid there though , there were lots if then!  Here are a few if then!  F






Slade loved the cake!
For dinner we had tacos, and they were delicious!
I thought this was really cool:  it was a scavenger hunt for things to find hidden in the decorations.  I thought it was a really cute idea!  
Megan & Zach had a first dance!
And they had a father daughter/ mother son dance.  
There was no dancing other than that but my kids didn't care...they danced anyway!  :). Here they are with Amparo.  She us Megan's best friend, my kids live her, and she us so good with them!  


At one point I took my kids out for a bathroom break.  We walked past an outside door where Kenzie saw her reflection.  She  stopped, posed, and said "oh man I do look good!"  I couldn't stop laughing!  
This is her little bouquet!  Isn't it cute?!
At the end of the night we all headed outside.  We filled little paper cones with sprinkles and threw the sprinkles at them as they headed to their car!  


It didn't take them long to get into the car despite the wrapping job! B
The kids were more than happy to gather up all of the things that got thrown out of the car!  

We got home sometime after 10 PM and the kids were so tired that they didn't know which way was up!  Kenzie had an emotional breakdown because her feet hurt.  :)  they fell asleep quickly though which made me happy because it had been a long day, and I was TIRED!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment