Tuesday, August 20, 2013

2nd Day Of School 2013

When I woke the kids up for the second day of school Kyle was super excited!  And Kenzie...well she started her crying right back up where she had left off the night before.  I pretty much had to get her dressed because she refused to do it and she fought me every step of the way.  

Luckily I have some awesome family & friends who gave me some really good ideas on things that might calm her down.  I used a couple of them.  First I put one of my necklaces on her and told her that whenever she missed me all she had to do was touch the necklace.  
The second thing I did was read her a story called THE KISSING HAND.  I then kissed her little hand and told her whenever she needed a kiss from me all she had to do was put her hand in her cheek.  

At school I got Kyle safely to the sidewalk because that parking lot really is terrifying, gave him a hug& kiss and sent him off to his playground.  I then walked a sobbing Mackenzie to Kindergarten where I literally had to drag her all the way to her seat.  Mackenzie had a death grip around my waist, and I looked at the aid to see if she would help me so that I could leave because I didn't have my visitors pass which meant I wasn't supposed to be in there.  The aid looked at me with Kenzie hanging from my waist and said "You're just going to have to find a way to sneak out."  She then continued just standing there while the teacher hurried around the room helping everyone get situated.  The teacher then saw that I was still stuck there, pried my screaming daughter off if me and hugged her while I hurried from the room!  The last thing I heard was a hysterical "I JUST HAVE TO GIVE MY MOM ONE MORE HUG!!!!!"

I just have to stop right here and say that I am so glad that Kenzie has this teacher!  There are lots of good teachers out there, but this teacher is truly amazing!!!!!


When I picked her up after school Kenzie was all smiles!  But she did tell me that a teacher had to take her to the hall "to get happy"
Both kids were exhausted, but happy and Kyle was excited to show me the. Hat he had made!
Kenzie was very proud of the Clifford pupet that she had colored. Cut and glued all by herself!  She also got a bag to fill with three things to tell about herself!  
Here's Kyle showing off his hat!  
Don't mind the red faces...we have a very long.....very HOT walk home from school.  

No comments:

Post a Comment