I know that because of my bone structure, and how freakishly tall I am that I will always be a bigger girl, but there is absolutely NO REASON why I have to be fat on top of that! So just under two months ago I decided that I was going to do something about it.
So one night I put in my three mile Walk Away The Pounds DVD in, and I was huffing and puffing before I even hit the one mile mark! But I wanted to make it to a mile, so I stuck with it up until that point, and by the end of my mile all I wanted to do was pass out on the floor!
As I sat there on the couch drinking, well actually more like gulping my water, I slowly came to the realization that it hadn't beet completely terrible, and I was still alive to tell about it. So I made myself a promise that I would do some sort of exercise every single day. I've made these kinds of promises before, and I've always ended up losing my motivation after a week or two. But this time around I was the heaviest that I have ever been, and that was NOT okay with me!
For the first three weeks absolutely all I did exercise wise was cardio. I pushed myself a little further each day, some days I hated myself for it, but I stuck with it, and by the end of week three I made it through the entire three mile workout! I felt great, and I was so proud if what I had accomplished!
Now this is where my motivation to stick with it would normally start fading on me. So I decided to tell my sister about what I had been doing. Talking about it helped a little. I had also been doing some research and learned about certain foods that help promote weight loss, so I started incorporating those into my diet as well.
One Sunday night I was at my grandparents house, and since they have the only scale that I have access to, I decided to see if I had actually lost anything yet. I had noticed that my clothes were starting to fit better, but I wasn't seeing any physical changes, and that was a little discouraging.
So I stepped on the scale, crossing my fingers that I might see a one or two pound decrease. So when I saw that u had list FOURTEEN pounds, I was in total disbelief! In fact I was sure it was wrong, so I weighed myself again, and when it said the same number again I started double checking my math to see if I had subtracted right! It was right, and I WAS ECSTATIC! Never in my life had I ever lost that much weight!
I was so ecstatic that I jumped on Facebook, and shared my happy news!
I got lots of congratulations, and motivating comments, and that was exactly what I needed to keep me going!
The next morning I woke up to find an invite from my sister in law to join a fitness challenge group hosted by someone she knows. I was so excited because I had really been wishing for a workout buddy, and well.... That's just not in the cards for me. All the people who would actually be willing to work out with me live way too far away. So I saw this as the next best thing!
I was on the page for that challenge when the host posted about another challenge hosted by one if her friends. So I joined that one too! Each challenge runs for the entire month if July. For the first challenge there are a certain number of squats, crunches, planks, and push-ups that we have to do every single day. We have to report that we have completed the workout each day, and every day the numbers increase! At the beginning the host said to get comfortable with being uncomfortable. And I am deffinately uncomfortable ha ha
For the second challenge all that I HAVE to do is walk or run atleast one mile every day. I then have to report that u have done it, and any other exercise I have done that day. The guy who runs this site is awesome! He leaves positive, encouraging feedback on EVERYOES posts every single day! And the people who don't post get kicked off the page. Since I don't want the embarrassment of being kicked out, I wouldn't be able to look myself in the mirror if I lied about getting my exercise done, and I always get so much positive feedback every single time I report in, this page is what really keeps me motivated!
Although I still have a really long way to go, I am FINALLY starting to see subtle changes to my fat self! I'm starting to notice more definition I'm my uper body, and my "fat pants" are now too big for me! I also had to start wearing a smaller bra. Ha ha. I know that's T M I but its true! :).
Now that I am about half way through my challenges for the month, I have started searching Pinterest for new exercises to start adding in next month. I have found so much, and I am having so much fun! And u an so glad that I am finally starting to see a healthier me! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment