Tuesday, June 4, 2013

The Weekend We Lived In The Living Room

Have you ever had a moment when you looked back on an event in your life, and realized that someone from heaven was totally watching out for you, and protecting you, because there is literally no other way of explaining  why things worked out the way that they did?  

Well I had one of those times this past weekend and I feel like I should share it!  

Actually I will start with the night before.  I really don't know if it had anything to do with it, because we have lots if loved ones who have gone home on to heaven, but the more I think about it, the more I feel like it was related.  

I don't often remember my dreams, and it's even less often that I can remember dreams where I can remember interacting with loved ones who are  no longer living.  I can remember exactly FOUR dreams like this in my entire life!  One involved my great grandma, and the other three involved Aaron.  It is amazing to me that I can remember them in such vivid detail that that it is like I'm looking back at an actual day in my life!  And even more interesting to me is the fact that each one has coincided with something major that had happened either in the lives of me and the kids, or one of our loved ones!  The most recent dream like this took place on this past Thursday night.  

In my dream, nothing too terribly exciting happened, but the more I look back on that dream, and then the events that soon followed, I know without a doubt that someone who loves me and my kids was here protecting me and my kids!

The dream started out with me just crawling into bed to go to sleep for the night.  I was just drifting off to sleep in the dream when I was suddenly aware that my husband had just gotten home, and that he was  crawling into bed next to me to go to sleep.  I never saw his face, but I distinctly remember him putting his arm around me, and suddenly feeling so safe which was wired because I didn't remember not feeling safe.  

The dream then cuts to the next day.  I am just getting home from somewhere, and I am just walking to the front door all alone when I realize that the door is being held open by someone that I can't see.  The person starts talking to me, and it is a man's voice, one that I know we'll!  He tells me that I shouldn't go in the house because its not safe for me there.  I thanked him, and hurried back the way I had come.  And that's when I woke up!  

The next day I noticed that my air conditioning unit seamed to be struggling to turn on, but it was still blowing cold air, so I really didn't think much of it.  It was mid afternoon when it started making a weird grinding sound that I knew could not be good, so I turned it off and called to put in a work order.  I had a guy there within ten minutes!  He opened it up, and buckets, and BUCKETS of water came pouring out if the air conditioner!  

He turned around and told me that I was extremely lucky because with the way things looked, it SHOULD have caught on fire, and he had no explanation for why it DIDN'T catch on fire!  He said this to me several times while he was at my house!  

He called his boss, and they decided that it needed a few days to dry out before they could even attempt to fix it.  

So he brought me this!  
It actually put off a lot if cold air!  And if we kept the bedroom doors closed, it actually kept our living room area pretty cool!  This meant that we literally spent all of our time in the living room!  At night i took our  beds apart, and we had a slumber party!  The kids thought it was great!  
I woke up Saturday morning to find this picture in my phone!  Apparently Kenzie thought it was as good a time as any to take a picture!  
However there were a few things that annoyed me.  I didn't like having a hole in my hallway...
And  as grateful as I was for the cool air, I HATED the fact that in order for it to work right, my back door had to remain UNLOCKED AND OPEN FOR FOUR DAYS!  This made me very nervous, especially at bed time.  I kept finding reasons to stay awake, and I usually went to sleep somewhere around four AM.  And even that was only after lots, and lots if praying asking for our safety while we slept!  
One night I was vacuuming the floor, and I blew a fuse... The same fuse that the portable air conditioner was on.  So I hurried to the fuse box that really has unreadable writing on it anyway.  It was only made more impossible by the fact that that room was also on the sane fuse.  So u pulled out the flashlight on my phone, but it was no use!  I had to call my sister for help!  Luckily she was still awake!
But through it all we stayed cool so I can't really complain too much!  
On Monday, just after lunch, a different  guy showed up to fix my air.  He was super friendly, and he was only here for a few minutes before he had it working again!  

I am so grateful for the fact that my family was watched over, and that we also had our needs taken care of!  I am also very happy that we are finally able to get back to doing normal things like locking our doors, and sleeping in our own rooms!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment