As I mentioned a few posts back, I now have all the kids since it is summer. I love having them all here! Infact I wouldn't have it any other way! However, whenever the three older cousins are together, it is nothing but pure craziness! If I don't keep my eyes on them every second, something bad is guaranteed to happen! Throw in the fact that I have all of my regular house work type things to do , and the fact that I have a baby, AND a toddler to watch as well, AND the fact that the baby and toddler absolutely can not ever be in the playpen at the same time because the toddler is still learning to be gentle, I think it's pretty safe to say that my house is a zoo! And I also think that it's safe to say that my neighbors probably hate me! LOL
This past Thursday was particularly rough. Just an example, while I was doing the dishes, the kids decided to make a "potion" in Slade's water bottle. It involved sunscreen, hairspray, lotion, and water. (Sigh).
I just wasn't in the mood to deal with that kind if crap all day, so while they were in timeout, I decided to forgo my cleaning for the day, and try something.
I cut a big piece of paper into a bunch of little squares. I then wrote an activity on each square. Some were activities from our summer fun box, and others were things like lunch. Singing time, freeze dance, movie, etc. I then taped the activities to the wall so the kids couldn't see what they were. They then each got to take turns picking cards, and we would all do that activity before the next one was picked. By the time we had gone through all the cards, we had been playing for over four hours!
I was ecstatic! Not only was I keeping the kids attention, but they were having fun! In fact they lived it so much that they asked if we could do it again the next day! So that's exactly what we did!
No comments:
Post a Comment