I try very hard to incorporate Aaron into our home, in small ways. He is always In the background, and when the kids have questions, the focus switches to him for a little while. This has proven to work pretty well for us so far! The kids are able to enjoy what each new day has to bring!
But there are also some special days when we focus more heavily on Aaron's role in our family! Days such as our anniversary, Aaron's birthday, and Father's Day.
On our anniversary we drink our traditional apple cider, and on his birthday, we still have a party! This year I combined his birthday with Father's Day, because April was super busy for us this year.
We started last night by making presents for Daddy. The kids had so much fun! And I'm not gona lie, I got a little choked up watching, and listening to them.
First Kenzie put on her brightest lipstick so she could send her daddy a kiss on her picture!
Kyle showed him how good he is getting at writing sentences
And he drew him a picture!
Kenzie showed him how she can write her name now, and with help she wrote I love you, and I miss you! She also drew him pictures!
I took several pictures of my little note, but no matter what I did they were ALL this blurry! My sister says Aaron must not want anyone reading his note. :)
One piece of paper wasn't enough for Kenzie so she had to color on the back of mine too. :)
This morning we got up super early, and headed to the store to buy three helium balloons. Then we headed to the cemetery. First we gave Aaron some new flowers.
Then we each attached our notes to a balloon.
Then we sent our notes up to Daddy in Heaven!
It was very interesting to watch. The balloons were not attached together in any way, and yet they stayed together. Another interesting thing is that there was a light breeze, and yet the balloons never blew! They simply went straight up until we couldn't see them anymore! I have never seen helium balloons go so high
The second that our presents were out of sight, the kids asked if Daddy was reading our notes yet, and I told them yes because I truely believe that he did get to read them!
The kids then sat down and drew pictures for Daddy in the dirt just like they always do. I'm sure the cemetery just loves us! Oh yeah, and Kenzie tried to "dig for Daddy". I think that kind of unearned my sister who has a hard time with anything relating to death. :)
When we got home we had one of Daddy's favorite lunches, macaroni& cheese with hotdogs!
Then I baked a cake. And then the kids got to decorate it. Please ignore the fact that I can't frost a cake! :)
They were very proud of their work!
At dinner time we had one of Daddy's favorite dinners, chicken Parmesan!
Then it was time for dessert! We each got a slice if the cake we made, whichwas ofcorse chocolate because Daddy wouldn't have had it any other way, and mint chocolate chipice cream, Daddy's favorite!
I'm so glad that we had a chance to spend today remembering Aaron! I really think that it's good for the kids because it gives the kids some time to really focus on their Daddy, and remember all of the good things he loved!
When we got home we had one of Daddy's favorite lunches, macaroni& cheese with hotdogs!
Then I baked a cake. And then the kids got to decorate it. Please ignore the fact that I can't frost a cake! :)
They were very proud of their work!
At dinner time we had one of Daddy's favorite dinners, chicken Parmesan!
Then it was time for dessert! We each got a slice if the cake we made, whichwas ofcorse chocolate because Daddy wouldn't have had it any other way, and mint chocolate chipice cream, Daddy's favorite!
I'm so glad that we had a chance to spend today remembering Aaron! I really think that it's good for the kids because it gives the kids some time to really focus on their Daddy, and remember all of the good things he loved!
HAPPY FATHERS DAY AARON! WE LOVE YOU!





































No comments:
Post a Comment