Saturday, May 25, 2013

Kyle's First Ever School Project!

A couple of weeks ago, Kyle was assigned to do a report, and make a diarama about an animal and it's habitat.  There was a whole list of animals that he got to pick from, and did he pick some nice average commonly known animal like oh I don't know, a dolphin, or a zebra?  Nope! Not my boy!  He chose... (Drum roll please)...  THE KANGAROO RAT!  Have you ever heard of that?  Yeah I hadn't either.  

He was really excited about the whole thing, so excited that despite the fact that he had two weeks to do it, he insisted on staying up late to finish the entire report the second that he had some information printed to do his research!  The following weekend my mom and sister were sweet enough to help him with his diarama, which I was very grateful for because sadly I am the opposite of artistic!  

We got it all done a few days before it was due, and Kyle patiently waited to turn it in.  

But eventually the day finally came, and Kyle was proud as could be when he carried his project to get in line with his class!  
Some time passed... A bunch of time actually, and I never heard another word about it.  I knew he was supposed to do an oral report too, but I never heard another word about that either!  

Finally, a few days before the end if the school year, his report showed up in his back pack, and this was written on it!  
I waited, and waited to see the diarama come home, but it never did.  Finally on the second to last day of school, Kyle asked his teacher about it.  She told him that it was in the art gallery, and that he could take it if he wanted to.  Ofcourse he wanted it, so we hurried over there where we found it locked in the glass display case.  He was pretty mad that I couldn't get it for him, but he calmed down when I told him that he would probably get it the next day. So I snapped this picture before heading home with my stroller brigade.  We never got it though...  Hopefully he will get it back next year.  (Sigh)

No comments:

Post a Comment