Saturday, March 23, 2013
Sick!
This year, we have had a TERRIBLE cold and flu season! Both of my kids got fju shots for free, so I havn't had too much trouble with them getting sick, but I was quite another story.
I went through most of cold and flu season without getting sick at all, and then one day I got a cold. I pretty much felt like crap, but it was just a good head cold, so I wasn't too worried about it.
Then one morning I woke up, and just like that, I couldn't breathe! It felt like there was an elephant sitting on my lungs, and it was all I could do to walk across my living room!
So I did my best to just not do anything that I didn't have to do. That night, I felt like death, and I remember asking in my night time prayer if I could just live through until the morning so that I could make it to the doctor1 :) yes thats silly I know!
The next morning I didn't feel any better, but I was atleast alive, so I got the kids dressed, and we walked over to my mom's house. That was THE LONGEST SHORT WALK THAT I HAVE EVER BEEN ON!!! If ever there had been a day thatI would have rather had a ride, THAT was the day!
But they were going through all the stuff in my mom's storage shed that day, and A LOT of that stuff was mine, and if I wanted to have any say in what I got to keep, I had to be there! So I pretty much sat on a chair, and my mom helped me go through my stuff. We got rid of A TON OF STUFF!
That took most of the day, and when we were done, I called Michael to take me to the doctor because I just felt like was getting worse.
We went to the doctor where learned that I had a temperature of 104, bronchitis, the start of a douple ear infection, a sinus infection, and my throat was starting to show signs of infection as well. They gave my Tylonol, and a breathing treatment right then and there!
Then it took ALL NIGHT, and THREE diferent Pharmacies, but $400.00 later, I had all the medicine I needed to get better! And after a couple of days, I started to feel a little bit like myself again. It has now been a few weeks, and all of my medicines are finished, but I still have a lingering cough. I am so grateful for the knoledte , and the miricle of modern medicine. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment