Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Christmas Eve 2012

First thing Christmas Eve morning, I turned on the NORAD Santa Tracker website, and the kids spent most of their time glued to my computer watching every single move Santa made! 

A couple hours later, My dad picked me up, and we headed to the celphone store, where he planned to get me my very first smart phone for Christmas!  Unfortunately that particular store was sold out of the phone that we wanted, and I won't bore you with the hastle that we went through to get it, but in the end we ended up at the Apple store, where I became the proud owner of a brand new iphone 4S! 
 
By the time I got back home it was time to get ready for our annual Christmas Eve party. 
 
The first fun thing we did at the party was the manger scene.  The way that my grandma does it is really fun!  Each unmarried grand kid gets a present.  Inside each present is a piece of the manger scene, and as the story is read out of the Bible, the kids get to put their piece up as their part comes up in the story. 





After the Nativity Story was finished, and the manger scene was complete, Clint and I sang Oh Holy Night.  My grandma has been asking him to do this for YEARS!  And this year I helped make it happen.  :) 

First he said that the only way he would sing is if he could get some burritos from his favorite resturaunt.  So I did the unexpected and had him drive me there where I promptly bot him two burrito's therefor obligating him to song on Christmas Eve.  :) 

Then he said that he would only sing if I sang with him.  No problem there, I love to sing! 

So he and I sang, and although he hated doing it, he did an AWESOME job, my grandma got her wish, and guess what????  HE LIVED TO TELL ABOUT IT!!!!!  :) 

After that, Aunt Tammy led us in The Twelve Days After Christmas, and it was lots of fun! 



After that it was time for the gift exchange.  over the years, we have done this several diferent ways, but  it is always limited to one dollar.  This year we drew names, and you had to think of something that reminded you of that person, and then find something for a dollar that went along with it. 

We then went around the room opening presents one at a time from youngest to oldest, and we had to try and guess why each present was chosen for each person. 








My cousin Brenden had my name, and he thinks of babies when he thinks of me, because my life is FULL OF THEM!!!  :)  So I got lots of little baby bottles.  :)

Then it was time for the tallent show.  Everyone did a GREAT JOB, but unfortunately I didn't get pictures of them all.    But this one was funny so I did get a picture.  It is my cousin Marshall teaching Ninja school and my cousin Josh as his assistant.  :)
Kyle & Kenzie sang Jingle Bells.....


And Clint, Kimber, and Kyler were the singing chins.  They lip sang to a Lion King sing, and it was really cute! 

Last but not least, Grand'a's tallent was stainding there holding a singing reindeer.  :)
Then it was time for the SHAKER!  This is the ONE PRESENT at Grandma & Grandpa's house that we are allowed to touch, and shake as much as we want.  On Christmas Eve we all get to put a guess into the jar, and the one who is closest gets to open it, and keep it.  :)


After that we had eggnog and treats and the kids played outside, while all of the moms/ grandma's/any grown-up girl who wanted to participate, had a Christmas decoration exchange.  I got a super cute one that will match my house quite nicely, and I just realized that I didn't get a picture of it. 



Before long, we collected our reindeer food from Grandma, and then we headed to my mom's house to open our Christmas Eve present from her.  We all got slippers....

.....And all of the kids got new mammies!



After changing into their new Christmas jammies, Grandma took them outside to plant tictacs in her planter.  When you plant tic tacs, something really fun grows in the morning.  :)

By this time, we were risking Santa passing by our house, so Clint drove us home so that we could get our house ready for Santa. 

First we dumped our riendeer food on our back porch.....

Then we wrote a letter to Santa......
We set out some cookies & milk for him......

And we put our stockings where Santa would be sure to see them!
Then it was off to bed!  Luckilly the kids went right to sleep! 

No comments:

Post a Comment